Introduction and General Terms
To provide you with a better website experience, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
What information do we collect?
We collect three kinds of information from visitors to the website:
1) Data you give to us when you contact us directly.
2) Data you give to us when you fill in the entry forms and when you provide feedback (by emailing us).
3) Anonymous site usage information using Google Analytics.
Any information collected via the above services will be shared only with Elstree Film Design and used only for the purposes of the competition.
No personal data will be shared with third parties unless otherwise stated.
Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookies directory of your computer. They are stored in the form of a very small text file. You can find out more about cookies on the About Cookies website.
Cookies are created when you visit filmcompetition.org.uk, and we use three types of cookies:
1) Session cookie: this allows us to identify logged in users, giving them access to more of the site. This is essential for the website to operate.
2) Google Analytics cookie: this allows us to generate anonymous statistics about how many people use our site, and which pages they visit.
3) ‘Accept’ cookie: this tells us that a user has accepted that their anonymous information can be used as part of our analytics and statistics (as above).
In accordance with new legislation, you can actively opt-in to these cookies being stored on your computer.
You can change settings and preferences on your browser to manage and delete cookies across all websites. If you do not know how to do this, simply contact us, giving details on the type of browser you are using, and we will do our best to help.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
When will Elstree Film Design contact me?
Elstree Film Design may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Elstree Film Design can deliver the services to you.
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- In relation to any contribution you have made to A Sense of… .
- To invite you to participate in surveys about A Sense of… services (participation is always voluntary).
- If you are the winner, finalist or runner up in A Sense of… competition.
- Offensive or inappropriate content
We will delete any offensive or inappropriate content submitted to our website.
Can I find out what personal information this website holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information this website holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Elstree Film Design Ltd.