What’s your email address?
What age group do we select on the Sign Up and Entry Form if our entry is made by people in different age groups?
* Please select the age group of the oldest person involved e.g. if a group of mainly 16 year olds also have a person aged 19 in their group they should select the 18-25 age group.
* If your group is entirely made up of young people aged 18 then please select the 18-25 age group.
* The exception to the age limit is cast. It is expected that all cast members will be no older than 25, we realise that this may not be the case for some entries, particularly those that are nonfiction based. However, please note that if any of the cast in your entry are not in your age group you will not be eligible for the Best Cast award.
Does my entry have to be a particular genre or rating?
You entry can be any genre and rated U or PG according to the BBFC http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/guidelines
What resolution should I make my entry?
Please try to create your film or animation in High Definition (HD) that is 1920 x 1080 pixels (and remember to export it at HD too). If you can’t get access to a professional camera like a DSLR remember that you can film on a phone or tablet.
What software can I use to edit my entry?
It doesn’t matter what software you use to put your film or animation together. If you don’t have access to professional editing programs you can use free software:
How do I submit my entry form?
How do I send you my entry?
How should I export my video?
When it comes to converting your film or animation into a finished video file to send us, ideally we would like the following:
* Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (HD)
* File format: mp4 or .mov file
* Codec: H.264
* File size must be under 2GB
If you can’t make your entry HD that’s okay, just send us the highest quality version you can. Remember we have award categories that focus on creative as well as technical skills. If you don’t understand any of this technical stuff there are more helpful links on our Tool Kit page.
Does the 90 second limit include credits?
Yes it does, so plan your credits carefully. You don’t need to include credits, but if you do make sure they are clear and the audience has enough time to read and understand them.
Your entry does not have to be exactly 90 seconds long, it can be under, but not over.
How does the 3 second end plate graphic work?
* We ask that you add our end plate graphic to the final 3 seconds of your entry, this can be in addition to the 90 second length limit, so your entry can run up to 93 seconds in total once the graphic is added. The end plate graphic is available for download from the Tool Kit page.
Can I submit multiple entries?
Yes you can, but you will need to complete a separate entry form for each entry.